Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Projects

The two crowdsourcing projects I decided to participate in were SwarmSketch, and the One Million Masterpiece.  

Within SwarmSketch, I drew many different lines every day for a week. By drawing lines I contributed to the creation of Moussa Koussa and the 2nd Amendment. Although everyone should know what the 2nd amendment is, Moussa Koussa is less familiar. Moussa Koussa is a
Libyan political figure and diplomat who served in the Libyan government as Minister of Foreign Affairs. He served from March 2009 until the 2011 Libyan civil war when he resigned his position from the Gaddafi regime on 30 March 2011. I had a lot of fun with both of these drawing. I liked the fact that you were able to vote on each line. This allowed me to become meticulously engaged in the drawings detail- something that I would have not noticed otherwise. The drawings that were created from this crowdsourcing site are presented below.
The One Million Masterpiece is such a fun crowdsourcing site. I created three different “master pieces” on this site and uploaded them to my profile. I had difficulty learning how to use the tools to create a piece, but once I got the hang of things, it was really quite fun. The first piece I created was a picture of a landscape: trees, flowers and the sky. I wanted to create something by using circles, therefore, besides the flower stems, everything is created from circular motions. The next piece I created was an Easter basket that reflected the theme of the season. The third piece I created on this site is by far my favorite. I drew two martini glasses; they are relaxed, fun and colorful. The one thing I love about this site is that it creates a video of the creation of your artwork. I watched other people’s videos and found several amazing pieces of work. Below are my videos created on The One Million Masterpiece website.
Click on the Link to view my videos:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment